Thursday, May 21, 2009

Guess What?

So, I'm off the pill. I've been on some form of birth control since my husband and I started dating, which was when I was about 16 years old. Popping that little pink pill everyday became mechanical, I was like a birth control robot. I've taken approximately 21 little pink pills per month for the past 8 years... so about 2,016 pills. And now, zilch. It feels so strange that I actually get butterflies whenever I think about it. I'm not taking my birth control ON PURPOSE. Anyway, I just went off of them so we haven't actually started "trying" yet. For the past week my husband and I have been repeating the same conversation. It goes like this:
Me: "Guess what?"
Him: "What?"
Me: "I didn't take birth control today."
Him: "Why not?"
Me: "Because we're gonna have a baby!"

It's dorky, this I am aware of. We're just so excited, and actually saying the words out loud is such a rush. We're gonna have a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment