Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fashionably Late, Or Not Coming At All?

The first month we tried to get pregnant, we didn't. I was sad and disappointed, and that honestly surprised me. It surprised me because I didn't really expect to get pregnant after only trying for one month, and it surprised me because I didn't realize that I could actually want this MORE. Another thing that surprised me is that a little part of me felt like my body failed me. I felt like, "Okay, I did everything I was supposed to do, so why aren't you working?!?" Which, I know, is just so crazy to feel after only one month. This month finally came and we "tried" again. I took a pregnancy test 3 days before my missed period and it was negative. Sad and disappointed again. Now, 3 days later, I'm supposed to have started my period, and it's still not here. I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up... Since I took the test 3 days early, it's only about 82% accurate. I'm forcing myself to wait until tomorrow before I buy another test. Ugh! The worst part is the 12 days between "trying" and getting your period. It's torture! I can never wait until my missed period, so I spend $10 on a pregnancy test every month (which still may not be right!). We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment